Pay Day Loan Abuse
Suffering from Payday Loan Abuse?
Nevada Bankruptcy Attorneys Can Help You Recover Cash
Payday loans can be like a vicious cycle, one where exorbitant interest rates prevent you from ever catching up, much less getting ahead. To add insult to injury, payday lenders often resort to shady tactics to try and get you to repay. If you’ve been harassed by a payday lender, your rights under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS 604A) may have been violated. The experienced consumer attorneys at Nevada Bankruptcy Attorneys can help you assert your rights and recover damages – without costing you a penny.
The FDCPA and NRS 604A outline a number of illegal tactics that payday lenders may use, including:
- Threatening to sue you when they don’t have the means to do so or don’t intend to do so
- Threatening to have you arrested when owning a debt isn’t a crime
- Threatening physical violence or threatening to damage your property
- Misleading you about the amount or character of your debt
- Prematurely depositing postdated checks
- Charging you more than the interest and fees outlined in the agreement
- Exceeding the amount or number of high-interest loans allowed by law
- Exceeding the fees allowed by law
If you’ve been threatened or lied to by a payday lender, Nevada Bankruptcy Attorneys can help. We’ll hold payday lenders accountable at no cost to you. The fee-shifting provisions of consumer laws like the FDCPA force lawbreaking payday lenders to pay our fees. We only get paid when we win, but we’re willing to take that risk because we have a stellar track record of winning for people like you.
What Can We Do for You?
If you have been the victim of a deceptive, abusive, or harassing debt collector, we may be able to:
- Put an end to payday lender debt collection harassment
- Make the payday lender pay you up to $1,000
- Reduce or eliminate your outstanding debt
- Scrub inaccurate information from your credit report
- Help you reclaim your life and gain peace of mind
If you’ve been the victim of abusive or harassing payday lenders, the time to act is now. Our experienced consumer attorneys are here to assist you through every aspect of the process, and are determined to achieve the positive outcome you deserve.
The FDCPA attorneys at Nevada Bankruptcy Attorneys have successfully handled cases throughout Nevada just like yours. Remember, we won’t charge you a penny to represent you in your FDCPA case. Under the law, the lawbreaking payday lender is responsible for paying your court costs and attorney fees. Call Nevada Bankruptcy Attorneys today at (702) 805-1659 for your FREE case evaluation.